Monday, August 30, 2010

Job Hunting


It's already almost 3 in the morning. I just finished my online job hunt for the night. I figured since my nursing career is going so slow, I might as well try earning while waiting for the hospitals to have vacancies. At the moment I'm already waitlisted for a nursing spot at one of the hospitals that I really want to get in to. So for now, the plan is for me to look for a job, preferably not in call centers or in any company that I've already worked with in the past.

I posted a bunch of tutorial ads online, and I also emailed my resume to a lot of vacancy ads I found online. Hopefully I get a job that pays reasonable enough for my time and effort. While at it, I'm also going to apply for a bunch of nursing volunteer stints. The earliest batch for nurse volunteers that I know, at least among the hospitals that I'm considering to apply to, is in October. Even then I'd still have time to get a job even just for the next two months.

I remember our high school principal saying, "the more time you have, the more time you waste". And this couldn't be more true for me. I feel like I have so much idle time in my hands. I need to start getting myself busy and productive.

I'll keep you posted. :)

xoxo
Abi

P.S.
Because I'm trying to make my blogs as helpful as I can make them, I will include another blog about the posting sites where you could look for ads and post ads for free. :) I know there are a lot. Believe me, I've tried everything I found on google. But there are only one or two which gave fast and real feedback. Some of them just spams your mail with ads, it's unbelievable! I'll probably try and include my own personal tips in making ads, posting them, and in registering to all those online job sites. Watch out for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? :)